Feeling sad? You are not alone. We all feel sad at different times.
Sad feelings can last for a very short time or can last for a long time. Sometimes the feelings are strong, sometimes the feelings are very light. When sadness goes away, happiness shows herself. Sadness, like all the other emotions, is a natural feeling.
What can we do when we feel sad?
- See why you are feeling sad. Tell yourself that it’s ok. Remind yourself that things will get better.
- Do not give up. If you are feeling sad because you failed at something, try again. Well done for trying!
- Make a list of your good things. Sometimes when we are sad, we forget how many good things we have. Think of all the things that make you happy.
- Think of ways you can cope with problems. Coping with a problem or solving it makes you feel really good!
- Do happy things. Ride a bike, play sport, go for a run, dance, listen to music, spend time with the ones you love.
- If the sadness is there for a very long time please ask for help. Those who love you can help you a lot.