Monday, October 22, 2012

The Maths corner

Each week I have been adding activities to the Maths corner. Soon I'm going to add scales and capacity jugs so the children can investigate practical maths. This is important for when they have to deal with Maths problems later on in older classes. It is also important that children participate in weighing activities (when cooking for example) or helping you measure things around the house. The more they can see that Maths is not a subject alien from real life, the quicker they will grasp concepts. This is the whole scope of these activities. 
I am very proud the children are keeping the corner tidy. They love their snakes and ladders games, the measuring activities, the dice games and the whiteboards. Today I showed them how the addition/subtraction dominoes work too. 
Here are some pictures of my cuties having fun (really) doing Maths. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog