Saturday, April 23, 2016

Happy Deathday, William Shakespeare!


I never thought I could teach Shakespeare to seven year olds. I was never trained in teaching of English Literature, but my own daughters taught me enough about The Bard so I can pass on the knowledge to my own class. Making the stories short and age-appropriate enough for a such young age was not easy, but sure it was fun. I had pupils asking me to tell them a Shakespeare story every day, and the stories were the highlight of each day. 
We did Romeo and Juliet, The Merchant of Venice, Much Ado About Nothing, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Twelfth Night, Hamlet and Macbeth. I used cartoons, drawings and comics to illustrate the stories. The most favourite plays were Romeo and Juliet and A Midsummer Night's dream. I really hope you will continue to enjoy the plays when you grow older and will have them in your Secondary School years. In the meantime, here is a brilliant link. 

Clicketh here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog