Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What we did today :)

Today we did the English alphabet lesson, it was fun seeing the children browsing through their wordlists and getting the words for each letter. They did really well. Then I proceeded to the 'a' or 'an' lesson. I sent them a link on their emails, where they could download a flipchart Miss Tanya, our IT support, did for us.
Always remember to download only from 'safe' people (like your teacher).
Always remember the location you are saving this file. I told them to save on 'My Documents'.
Children had to close the e-mail program and open ActivInspire. Then they go File - Open - My Documents - A or An.
At first I thought it didn't work, but they need to give time for the classmate to load the flipchart. It should work fine.
Earlier in the day, we also did a lesson on Nazareth, and another lesson on Pairs of ten, for which they have this wonderful game to play.
Click HERE

It was a good day, the children are motivated with our technology and are learning fast. I'm enjoying it too, and I really hope that you do as well.

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying it indeed - just as much as Martina! I get excited and enthusiastic to learn what she has learnt every day - and I truly believe that the Classmate is making learning more rapid - so far, so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy Marisa that you are enjoying the learning experience. Yes, I really do believe that the Classmate is speeding up the progress of the children. It keeps them motivated and eager to learn. It also keeps them disciplined and focussed, which I love. This week we'll start working on the Encyclopaedia Britannica...so stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog